ISO 9001 is the global standard for creating a Quality Management System (QMS) published by the ISO or the International Organization for Standardization. The standard provides the QMS requirements to be implemented for an organization that wants to design all the policies, procedures, and processes necessary to ensure products and services that meet client and regulatory needs. 9001 requirements should be adapted for business function in an appropriate manner.
Below are the reasons why your business needs ISO 9001 Certification to ensure standard quality processes.
Benefits of ISO 9001 QMS
The advantages of ISO 9001 are not overstated. Businesses have gained immense benefits from using this standard by discovering efficiency and cost-saving.
- Improving customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is one of the quality management principles that are also the basic foundation of the ISO 9001 requirements. By ensuring your business has the ISO 9001 certification, it will add value to retain customer base.
- Better process integration. You will find improvements in cost-saving and efficiency by looking at the entire process interactions via the ISO 9001 process approach. This is possible by eliminating unnecessary steps that occurs when processes are retained without a view of the inefficiencies visible during process handoff.
- Brand reputation. Since ISO 9001 is internationally recognized, it is the current basis for creating a QMS worldwide. When a business is in the market for a supplier, you must have a QMS based on ISO 9001 to consider. Implementation of ISO 9001 documentation can be a powerful marketing tool.
- Improving the evidence for decision-making. The need to use evidence-based decision making is also a principle of ISO 9001. By driving your business decisions based on available evidence, not random feelings, you will be more focused on applying resources to areas that need attention with minimal trial and error to discover the appropriate decision.
- Employee engagement. Workers who are involved in the improvement of the process, works within the team becomes engaging. The employees who work on the process can provide the full audit and highlight areas that need improvements.
ISO 9001 is also an excellent foundation for implementing and integrating different management standards, for example:
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001 – Occupational, Health and Safety Management System
- ISO/IEC 27001 – Information Security Management System
- ISO 20000 – IT Service Management
- ISO 50001 – Energy Management System, etc.
Which has an almost similar structure and organization. It is the start of great things for your organization’s effort to improve and achieve better process control. With the right implementation that is accessible via an ISO 9001 QMS, your business can scale up, means more savings and improvements. As such, consult with us for the best practices and implementations of various ISO certification whether for small, medium and big enterprise. Contact Us